Your website is usually the first impression a potential patient has of your dental practice. If your site is outdated, they may think your entire practice is outdated. That’s why it’s important to maintain your website and update it with the latest dental web design trends.
An update doesn’t mean a complete overhaul. There are minor updates that make your current site easier to use (for both you and patients), more informative for patients, and more integrated with your already existing dental processes.
Below we rounded up the top dental web design trends you can easily add to your existing website if you want to modernize your website and grow your practice and patient base.
Top Dental Web Design Trends in 2019
1. [Video] Content is King
Video has the power to increase engagement and conversions on your dental website.
Because it’s captivating. The right video content aimed at patients can swiftly move them from ‘I might be interested in being a patient’ to ‘I need to call now to schedule an appointment.’
Video can also improve your rankings in search engines. Believe it or not, YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, right behind Google. Videos now display in Google search results so having an active YouTube channel gives you more opportunities to show up in the search results.
Here are just a few more reasons to consider adding video to your website, including your homepage:
- They build trust: Many people have anxiety when it comes to visiting the dentist. You can easily build trust with videos because they give new visitors and prospective patients a warm feeling when they visit your website, and later, your office. People are much more likely to make an appointment if they feel good about your practice right away.
- They increase traffic & conversions: Videos are the driving factor behind 85% of traffic and when incorporated into a homepage, can increase conversions by at least 80%. If you could increase your conversions that much just by adding quality video content, why wouldn’t you? In addition, your website is 50 times more likely to get on page 1 of Google if there’s a video incorporated into the design or hero area of the homepage. That’s a huge advantage!
Types of video content to feature on your dental website:
- Educational videos about your dental treatments and procedures
- Introductions to your dentists, dental hygienists, and front office staff
- Tutorials on different dental hygiene techniques (like teeth brushing or flossing)
- Pediatric and teeth cleaning dental videos
- New dental patient exam video
2. Adopt a Mobile-Friendly Approach to Your Dentist Website
How does your website look on your smartphone? What about your tablet?
If your website isn’t easy to use or navigate on mobile devices, you’re missing out on a huge amount of traffic. About 70% of searches are performed on a mobile device, so mobile web design isn’t an option anymore. It’s a necessity.
Due to the large amounts of mobile search traffic, Google also favors mobile-friendly websites over non-mobile websites and ranks them higher. In 2018, Google introduced its Mobile-First Index, where the mobile version of a website is the first thing Google looks at when indexing websites.
If your site isn’t mobile-friendly yet, it’s time to fix that. Not sure if your site is responsive? Test it here.
There are two more dental web design trends you can’t ignore. Read the full blog post and learn what they are!