We’re Accepting Guest Posts
We’re always on the lookout for insightful content to be considered for posting to the Best Local Businesses blog!
To submit your guest post, please use the submission form on this page and our editorial team will review your post. Note that we reserve the right to edit or reject your content for any reason.
The benefits of becoming a guest poster on Best Local:
- Authorship credit for the post.
- The opportunity to include a short bio at the end of your post.
- The opportunity to include links to your website and social media accounts, which will be embedded in your author bio.
- Access to a national audience of small and growing businesses and consumers.
Guest Post Guidelines:
- By submitting your guest post for review, you must read, understand, and agree to our Guest Post Agreement.
- DO NOT send us an email with your copy; please submit via an editable, shared Google Document and by inserting the link in the guest post form below.
- Posts must be 750 words or more in length.
- You may include up to 5 backlinks in your content, but they need to point back to reputable websites with high-quality content. We reserve the right to remove any links from your copy if we do not find them to be relevant or quality links.
- The content must relate to a topic that is valuable to readers and not solely a sales pitch for your business.
- All submitted content must belong to you, be original, and not have been published elsewhere in any form.
- You may use AI to aid in generating content but the content must be valuable, have a strong narrative that feels natural, and include your selected keyword naturally throughout the post. We do use an AI checker. If the content is more than 75% AI-generated, we will reject the post.
- Your post should contain an interesting or catchy title and be SEO-friendly. Choose one designated keyword that you feel your users would search to find your blog. Add that keyword throughout your blog content at a density of 1% to 2%.
- All posts must be focused on quality with the idea of adding value for our readers.
- The content may be based on research, facts, or experience.
- When quoting others or providing statistics, you must cite the source.
- We reserve the right to add affiliate links or advertising in or around any guest post.
- We do not accept promotional posts.
- We do not accept posts that include links to low-value websites or blogs.
- We do not accept posts containing affiliate links.
- Your content must not contain inappropriate language, slander, or disparaging remarks.
>>FORM SHOULD GO HERE<<
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get paid for my writing?
No. You will not receive payment for submitting a guest post, no matter how many times you post content. This is a “DoFollow” backlink opportunity. In exchange for your contributions, you will get a follow backlink to your webpages (up to 5), and a byline on every post you write. You can also add your own author bio that can include links to your website and social media profiles.
What should I write about?
Something relevant to your business! Your entire article should not sound like a sales pitch as to why your business is the best, but you may naturally weave mentions of your services throughout the text. Our readers are both business owners and consumers, so write content that is relevant to your products or services – something that will help your audience. For example, if you’re a mortgage lender, consider an article about when to apply for a mortgage when looking to buy a house. If you’re a roofing company, consider writing about the qualities of different types of shingles or roof tiles. If you’re a moving company, write an article about the best ways to prepare for a move.
Can I post my articles on my own site or other sites?
You may post your articles only on your own site after the content has been live on BestLocal.io for at least 21 days. Note that it may take 2 weeks to one month for your article to be reviewed, edited, and published to BestLocal.io.
After my article is published on BestLocal.io, can I post a teaser or a link to my own site?
Yes, we encourage you to post a link to your guest post on your own website or social media accounts as soon as it is live. As long as the teaser is just an introduction and a link, there is no need to wait for 21 days after publication on BestLocal.io.
Is my guest post guaranteed to get published?
Our goal is to provide value to our readers. That said, while we do want to publish as many high-quality posts as we can, we cannot guarantee that we will publish your guest post. We reserve the right to refuse to publish any submitted post that does not meet our guidelines or for any other reason; however, if you follow our guidelines, you greatly increase the probability that your post will be accepted and published.